[TowerTalk] Yum, yum! That LMR400UF sure is tasty!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yum, yum! That LMR400UF sure is tasty!
From: brad4@bellatlantic.net (M.G. Brafford)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:19:38 -0500
Dick,
    I've had this problem also. Our property is very rural, and is loaded
with deer, dogs, ground hogs etc. Some time ago I lay a piece of coax on
the ground only to have it chewed to shreads by something. Someone
suggested that the salt in our hands is tasty to certain wild animals. In
fact I had just laid the coax, and handled it quite a lot. I had to bury
the coax to protect it. Also I had to place a barrier around the base of my
160 Meter inverted L To keep the deer at bay. For some reason they like to
gather around the base of my antenna, and tromp the radials into oblivion.
The other day I counted over a dozen deer just grazing and generally
tromping around the antenna barrier. I guess a person could buy a salt lick
block and place it somewhere else on your property. Good luck with your
coax problems.

73, Mick  W4YV

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>