[TowerTalk] DCU-1 and MP-1000MP

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] DCU-1 and MP-1000MP
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 08:57:44 -0800
At 5:12 AM -0800 3/31/98, K7LXC wrote:

>In a message dated 98-03-31 08:05:24 EST, harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu writes:
>
>> > Does anyone have any idea how to get CT to operate a DCU-1 rotor control
>> > and a FT-1000MP when they are both hooked up to com port 1?
>>
>     The DCU-1 is has an RS-232 in and out. It's designed so that you can put
>it in series with another serial port device so you don't have to dedicate a
>serial port to it. If you have a more technical question, you need to talk to
>Roger Cox, WB0DGF, 402-467-5321.

Right.  I believe this is a CT issue, not a hardware one.  When I spoke
with the folks updating Hyperlog, they said the DCU-1 does not respond to
radio commands and just passes them on.  It is up to the software to know
how to talk to both units on the same port.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/w7di/