[TowerTalk] Slump testing?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Slump testing?
From: na2n@ifam.com" <na2n@ifam.com (Greg Becker)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 13:45:26 -0400
On Tuesday, April 07, 1998 12:02 PM, J.P. Kleinhaus [SMTP:w2xx@cloud9.net]
wrote:

> I am scheduled to pour concrete for my (long awaited) tower
> project on Friday.  I ordered 5000 PSI mix, but realize that
> short of performing a slump test on site, I have no way of knowing
> if the stuff being delivered will be up to spec.
>
> Any hints on doing this?  Has anyone actually done this before,
> or should I assume that since I ordered 500 PSI, I should end
> up with at least 4000 PSI ? :-)

Simple, JP.

Stand in the hole. Pour the 'crete.

Hold onto a BIG scale. Hook crane to said scale. Pull.

If your arms come off before scale reads 4K, you got a bad batch.

Glad to be of help.

Greg Becker, J.D., Ph.D.   na2n@ifam.com
IFAM - Ideas For American Manufacturers
Rondout #343 F&AM  -  Hendrick Hudson #875 F&AM