[TowerTalk] Slump testing?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Slump testing?
From: w2xx@cloud9.net (w2xx@cloud9.net)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 15:18:26 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Doug:

Yeah, I kinda remember reading that slump has only a foggy
relationship to ultimate 28 day strength.  I wasn't intending
to submit a cylinder for pressure testing, unless my building
department shows up and demands such.

You never know with those guys, as they already have made me
submit certified before and after surveys etc.  They stopped
just short of making me perform an environmental assessment!

Anyway, my concrete pumping contractor specified a 5" slump
for his machine to work properly, so I guess that's what I'll
look for on site.

The reason for the 5000 PSI is simply cheap insurance for what will
ultimately a fine example of an over-loaded ham installation :-)

73, J.P.

J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX  (fdba AA2DU)
E-mail:  w2xx@cloud9.net

As we say in the software business:  "You are hosed."