[TowerTalk] screw anchors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] screw anchors
From: dietz@texas.net (Chuck)
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 10:31:53 -0500

Jerry Flanders wrote:

> How do you install these screw anchors? Can you do it with a pipe/bar by hand?
>
> Jerry  W4UK

I do.  Use a short pipe until the resistance gets high, then a long pipe.  The
shaft of the screw anchor should be twisting at least 1/4 turn when you are
finished.  If the resistance gets too high to get the shaft all the way in the
ground, run water on it until you can get the eye all the way to ground level.

(By the way, I would not use anything smaller than a 6" anchor.  Even that
looks a
little small, but seems to work ok.)

Chuck, KZ5MM