[TowerTalk] Re: Vapor Wrap

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Vapor Wrap
From: ttiruss@ldd.net (RUSSELL THOMPSON)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 19:42:43 -0500
--------------96DAAC129C840C3D3285E938

Dear Pat;

 I don't know if what you have is vapor wrap but it is excellent for sealing
connectors. however let me recommend that you first apply a layer of electrical
tape to the connector then apply the wrap over the tape and let it extend past
the tapes end. This will make it easy to remove the wrap in case you need to
take the connection apart. The wrap is extremely hard to get off after it has
been on for a while.  Trust me on this one I have spent numerous hours trying
to remove this stuff from connectors. If you really want to make sure its water
proof apply electrical tape over your wrap then cover it with scotch guard this
is another 3m product that is like a paste that turns to rubber very good
stuff.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
> > > Date: Sunday, April 19, 1998 6:26 PM

> > but
> > > can
> > connectors,
> > >
> > > What about Scotch 88 then scotch coat over that, have not had water or
> > > anything else get into that, however it is awful messy.
> > >
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > --
> > > FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
> > > Submissions:              towertalk@contesting.com
> > > Administrative requests:  towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com
> > > Problems:                 owner-towertalk@contesting.com
> > > Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search
> >
> > --
> > FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
> > Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search
> >

> --
> Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search

--------------96DAAC129C840C3D3285E938

begin:          vcard
fn:             RUSSELL  THOMPSON
n:              THOMPSON;RUSSELL
org:            Thompson Tower Inspection Inc.
adr:            186 Partridge Lane;;;Mayfield;KY>;42066;USA
email;internet: ttiruss@ldd.net
title:          President
tel;work:       888-948-6937
tel;fax:        502-251-2012