[TowerTalk] Re: Cutting guy wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Cutting guy wire
From: force12@interserv.com (force12@interserv.com)
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 07:18:05 -0700 (PDT)
Good morning.

Have found that bolt cutters leave something to be desired, as the blades are
for cutting bolts. This means they come together, but not past each other. This
usually leave a strand or two (or more) uncut. There are cable cutters at most
good hardware stores. You will need to carefully read the label on the tool,
because some specify "Not for steel." They look like a cable cutter, but are
for
only copper wire and cable. Some of the large compression tools have a cable
cutter on the back side of the hinge. The cutters we use are a smaller hand
tool. The curved blades are only about 1/2" (maybe 3/4") long. I looked for the
manufacturer's name, but they are so well used that it is long gone! They last
very long time cutting steel.

Have a great day & 73,
                Tom Schiller, N6BT
                President, Force 12, Inc.
                        Amateur Antennas, Commercial Towers & Antennas
                P.O. Box 1349 Paso Robles, CA  93447
                Phone: 805.227.1680   FAX 805.227.1684
                Web Site: http://www.QTH.com/force12