[TowerTalk] Rust Stain on Rohn 45

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rust Stain on Rohn 45
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 09:57:59 -0400 (EDT)
At 08:05 AM 5/18/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Well, here goes my first submission to Towertalk.  Thanks in advance.  Here
is >the question:

>When I was in WV, I had a great mast but unfortunately it wasn't
galvanized. >Some rust ran from the mast onto my tower and caused some
unsightly stains on >a couple of the sections.  The sections themselves are
not rusting, just >stained.  Does anyone know a way to get this off without
damaging the >galvanizing on the sections?

I've got the same problem with a 71' crank up...the top section has gotten
stained over the past 3 or 4 years.  One local told me to spray the
lubricant that K7LXC sells (Pre-Lub 6) on the tower and then repeat in a day
or so if necessary.  That sounds too simple.

Any one with other ideas???

Dave K4JRB