No subject

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: baker@ecd.rockwell.com" <baker@EC.Rockwell.COM (Daniel Baker)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 15:50:20 -0500
Hello
I know a number of locals who have crank up towers and they have them
partially cranked up.  For example a 70 foot Hy-Gain cranked to 50 feet.
 Doing this they leave them set at this level all the time, regardless of
weather conditions.  Is there a way to determine the gain in square footage
of wind load at heights lower than the rated wind load at full height?
 Thinking along these same lines if a crank up is rated at 16 square feet
at 60 MPH, then if I have 7 square feet on the tower what is the wind speed
it should be able to handle (e.g. 70 MPH?)?
Dan K9HZ
danaf9r@aol.com