[TowerTalk] Re: your mail

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: your mail
From: geoiii@kkn.net (george fremin iii)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 16:02:24 -0500 (CDT)
Dave D'Epagnier writes:

>1. Cables must come through the wall (not an open window) and allow for
>being able to keep the house locked and secure.
>2. I want ground all cable shields at the house entry point.
>3. Must be able to disconnect cables on the inside of the shack.
>4. Must accomodate lightning surge arrestors.
>
>How or where would I build or buy this sort of rig?

What I did was install an aluminium panel in the window.
All the feedlines terminate into bulkhead connectors
as do the rotaor cables and antenna switches.

You can see a photo of this at:
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr/photo/pcd2818/w5kft-coax-panel-81.1.jpg

or for a bigger photo

http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr/photo/pcd2818/w5kft-coax-panel-81.3.jpg

--

George Fremin III          "I'm talkin' 'bout that outlaw X
Austin, Texas                It's cuttin' through the air.... "