[TowerTalk] Disconnecting cables and lightning (questions --

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Disconnecting cables and lightning (questions --
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 14:15:37 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-03 13:38:00 EDT, Chad_Kurszewski@csg.mot.com writes:

> What are these commercial standards?  Where are they documented?
>  I would like to see that information.
>
>  I agree with Steve in that commercial stations DO take direct hits
>  and keep on ticking.  I want to know what THEY do!

     Well, I've seen them and worked from them but I don't have any copies.
Motorola, all of the cellular, paging, etc. companies, state and federal
agencies, etc. all have written standards for site ground systems. They
generally consist of specs for the earth ground, bonding methods, materials,
etc. as well as cable grounding, bulkhead entry, interior building grounds
plus power, telephone and emergency power leads.

      Can anyone out there get me a copy of these? If you work for a
communications company, cellular, agency, etc., I would be really grateful.
Thanks!

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC