[TowerTalk] Disconnecting cables and lightning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Disconnecting cables and lightning
From: stan@capeonramp.com (Stan)
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 11:05:02 -0400
> Hello Pete,

Disconnecting the cables outside is an option BUT....

you would have to open the seal on all of the coaxial lightning
protectors (mine are on the outside)
you must seal all cable ends from moisture.. and the exposed lightning
arrestor port...
you will get wet in the rain,....
if at night you will need more light than a flaslight and three
hands,....logistically, I preferr to put the lightning arrestors on the
OUTSIDE of the building penetration paneland disconnect all cables on
the INSIDE,   since I have a cellar with ready access to the panel...

Stan, WA1ECF  Cape Cod, MA   FN41sr