[TowerTalk] More comments on lightning - second hand from an expert

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] More comments on lightning - second hand from an expert
From: brad4@bellatlantic.net (M.G. Brafford)
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 11:20:10 -0400
FINALLY!!! A guy who knows what he is talking about!! Good job Dave!

My towers, TV ants, trees etc etc etc etc etc have been HIT MANY  times. I
have drawn the same conclusion, ie lightning hits anywhere it pleases!
After 30 years with the Telephone CO. I could almost write a book about
"odd" lightning strikes, such as the time it hit a floor joist and
splintered its way to the basement window. Then exploded the window and
snaked along the ground.

73, Mick  W4YV

----------
> From: dave@egh.com
> To: towertalk@contesting.com
> Subject: [TowerTalk] More comments on lightning - second hand from an
expert
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
> Date: Wednesday, June 03, 1998 12:07 PM
>
> Hi,
>
>       A number of years ago, I attended a lightning demonstration at
> the Boston Museum of Science.   During this demonstration, the lecturer
> was inside a steel cage while lightning bolts were created by a Van de
Graf