[TowerTalk] no ham antenna restrictions ordinance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] no ham antenna restrictions ordinance
From: K3AIR@aol.com (K3AIR@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 00:56:20 EDT

Our local ordinance limits towers to 70 feet, unless a variance
is obtained, which (like in a lot of other locations) is a pain to
apply for and somewhat difficult to get.   However, we are in
a built-up area (very little "open" land left in the town) and I
don't think the height limitation is unreasonable here.

Nearby areas have experienced rapid growth, which is beginning
to spill over into my area.  Knowing that a new "comprehensive
plan" was being considered, along with the likelihood of revised
zoning regulations, I opted to run for a seat on the town council.
Fortunately (?) I won.

Of course I will ensure that ham antennas are reasonably
accomodated here...

73, Mike K3AIR