[TowerTalk] Guying crank up towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guying crank up towers
From: wa3gin@erols.com (David Jordan)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 18:00:37 -0400
Hi Folks,

I had a short conversation with TRI-EX last week...they build a 100ft
crank-up tower that is designed to be guyed. The
sections are not locked. There is one continuous cable that lifts all
the sections and that cable is designed to handle all the forces for an
80mph wind against 40sq.ft. of antenna fully extended. I guess when you
pay $21,000 for a crank-up you
don't worry much about whether to guy it or not...you just do what the
book says, HAHA.

Now that I've got that technical part figured out...anyone got any ideas
how I convince my wife to let me spend that
kind of money on a tower without having to re-do the kitchen first! ;-)

dave