[TowerTalk] Loose vs Lose

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Loose vs Lose
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 01:18:07 -0700 (PDT)
He Guys,

Please do yourself a favor and look up "loose" and "lose" in the dictionary
and then use them correctly.  A LOT of people right here on this reflector
use "loose" when they mean "lose".  Most everybody can figure out what you
really mean, but frankly, you appear illiterate when you make that mistake
and it sheds a bad light on the rest of what you want to say.  If you want
to have what you write taken seriously, then do it in good form, using the
right words.

Sorry, but this is one of my pet peeves and I couldn't stand it any longer.
It shook up my loose marbles and almost caused me to lose my mind . . .

With the best of intentions,

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com