[TowerTalk] Re: Loss in Coax Cable

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Loss in Coax Cable
From: davidc@bit-net.com (DavidC)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 20:56:45 -0400
Jim:  If you ask around you may discover that lots of CATV hardline is
routinely tossed or sold at scrap prices ... especially the end-of-rolls.
You could either use 1.5:1 transformers (have a look at RadioWorks
http://www.radioworks.com/ or Amidon http://www.bytemark.com/amidon  for
some options) or live with the relatively small mismatch loss (since you
gain so much in the loss area using hardline) ... the purists will correct
me ... I expect!  :-)  You may bury the hardline and avoid the potential
weather damage to the 600 ohm ladder line, forget worries about proximity
to metal, etc.  All I.M.H.O. -- 73, DavidC  AA1FA