[TowerTalk] Attach ground wires to Trylon Tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Attach ground wires to Trylon Tower?
From: k2av@qsl.net (Guy L. Olinger)
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 02:31:50 -0400
Scott,

Do you have the Polyphaser Book? If not, spend 20 bux and get it from
them.  Set aside some serious evenings for reading and studying, and
then revisit the questions you posed. This is not about why lightning
strikes, & where, etc. It's about what you do to mitigate it when it
*does* strike. In particular PPh has a lot to say about the relationship
between your house and the tower ground field.

If I put up a T400, the ground system will hooked up in the base &
include the rebar cage before the concrete is poured. PPh has a very
interesting reason for doing it that way. Well illustrated.

Scott Neader KA9FOX wrote:

> I'm finally ready to correctly ground my Trylon tower.  I'll describe my
> grounding plan for those that are interested below... but for now, I have a
> question:

...snip...

PS, thanks for the great job on the Trylon raising on your web page.

73, Guy.
--
Guy L. Olinger K2AV
k2av@qsl.net