[TowerTalk] Attach ground wires to Trylon Tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Attach ground wires to Trylon Tower?
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 22:51:57 -0700
At 8:23 PM -0700 7/3/98, Bob Wanderer wrote:
>I visited an electrical supply house today but they don't have any lugs
>like that (the bolt holes at the base are quite large compared to the #2
>wire).  I was hoping to find brass lugs so I didn't have to worry about the
>dissimilar metal problem (copper against galvanized steel).
>
>Hey you Trylon Tower owners out there... what did you use to ground your
>tower?

I don't have a Trylon tower, but I had to bond a 2/0 ground wire to my US
Tower base.  I used a 2"-square piece of 1/8" copper and drilled two holes
in it:  a 1" hole to go over the J-bolt and a 1/4" hole to mount the
readily-available 2/0 wire lug.  I loosened the nut on one of the six
J-bolts and sandwiched the copper plate between the nut and the tower base
(with liberal use of brass shim stock and copper lube compound).

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/cvrc/