[TowerTalk] HDR-300 "pots"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDR-300 "pots"
From: k4isv@westky.com (Bud)
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 15:57:05 -0500
The "pot" in the HDR-300 rotor is a 3-turn 1000 ohm 5%.  From Hy-gain this
is about a $50 part.  Does anyone have a better source??

I bought a box of 24 of these several years ago from a manufacturer near
St. Petersburg-
forget the name but something like "varian"

Presently this pot is made by Bourns ( in Mexico ) and bears a part number
3543S-1-102.  I just used my last replacement today and the way lightning
takes these things out I will need some more before Summer is over...

Thanks,

Bud- K4ISV