FW: [TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing Problem...maybe

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing Problem...maybe
From: k9ig@in-motion.net (Greg Clark)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 10:38:58 -0500

----------
From:   Greg Clark[SMTP:k9ig@contesting.com]
Sent:   Saturday, July 25, 1998 9:51 AM
Subject:        RE: [TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing Problem...maybe

Thanks for all of the input folks.

I was up on the tower yesterday moring about 1.5 hrs. and found nothing unusual.

I loosend the mast from the rotor and didn't hear the big POP that I had heard
a couple of days ago.  I did hear some catching but it was minor and I could
still manually turn the antennas.  I then replaced all of the rotor hardware
and went up to the antenna where I raised the antenna about 1/2 in to get it
off of the bearing coller.  I then un-torqued the bearing bolts at spun it
around several time to see if the catch was evident on the bearing....it wasn't.

So....everything is back together and it's working. BTW, I went ahead and
placed the motor starter cap on the tower.

I have no idea when or if the "catch" will return, but it's gone for now.

Again, thanks for the suggestions to all that responded.

And to Ed....I did take a BIG hammer....but it wasn't needed :)

73/Greg
K9IG