[TowerTalk] GUY WIRE STRETCH in NEW installations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] GUY WIRE STRETCH in NEW installations
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 03:35:08 -0600

On Fri, 07 Aug 1998 00:28:25 -0700 Kurt Andress
<ni6w@yagistress.minden.nv.us> writes:

  snip

>A professional com tower rigger that attended the Polyphaser seminar I
>was at told me over coffee, one morning, that he always set the guy
>grips and cable on the ground with a come-along device. This meant
>that  he had fewer calls to go back and re-tune the tower guys.
>
>73's, Kurt

This is an EXCELLENT suggestion.  I suspect most of the "stretch" that
is taken out using this precedure results from seating of the guy grips
in
the grooves of the insulators and pulling the grip legs straight between
the insulator and where they join the guy wire at the crossover point.

Most new guy wire installations need to be retightened after the guys
have  "set" for a while.

de  Tom  N4KG

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]