[TowerTalk] Trees and Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Trees and Towers
From: wb4nfs@erols.com (wb4nfs)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 22:34:03 -0400
Hello all,  I just joined the reflector and noticed a thread on clearing
trees around towers.  That was the reason I joined, to ask what the
consensus was on this issue.  I just purchased an acre of land w/o antenna
restrictions which backs up to my 2 acre lot which my house sits on that has
a lot of antenna restrictions (as in no antennas).  I'm planning on putting
up a 75 - 100' tower with 2 ele 40 and probably a C3, then maybe a second C3
side mounted towards EU.  Anyways, the 1 acre is densely wooded with oaks up
to about 80 ft tall.  I did a quick tower site this weekend and found I
would have to clear a lot of trees to get a 30' radius around the tower.
This is still well within the 80' guywire radius.  I missed all but he last
of the thread and sorry to rehash but I'm very interested in your thoughts.
Thanks and 73, Jack  W4NF ex. WB4NFS