[TowerTalk] cranes for tower erection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] cranes for tower erection
From: designserv@ipass.net (LYN)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 10:53:51 -0400

DavidC wrote:

>  Now that's hard core!  :-)  I suppose it only means 8 trips up and down
> the tower ... no more than those of us who drop or forget things!  :-)  73,

Hard core (and some other terms) is correct, but 8 trips is wrong.

You obviously have to come down each time a set of guys is to be
tensioned, but the other trips are eliminated by judicious use of extra
rope with enough slack between places where pieces of tower are
attached. So you can pull up one section and attach it, remove the
knot, take up the slack, then pull up the next section. Just plan ahead
and be certain to arrange your pulley so that it can't bind.  Discovered
that the hard way.

Regards, Lyn