[TowerTalk] New Ameritron ATR-30 ? -Reply

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New Ameritron ATR-30 ? -Reply
From: otterstad@inet.uni2.dk (Ragnar Otterstad)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 12:54:48 +0200
 >I called Ameritron about this.  I was told that, basically, it is a
beefed
: up Vectronics HFT1500 with a selectable peak/average power meter.
:
:
: Nope,  more than that.  Saw it at Dayton, and know who designed it.
: The coming  ATR-30 is a true multi-kW tuner:  tape-edge wound inductor,
: and properly engineered components for true operation down
: to 160 meters.

I hope they made some modifications from what was shown in Dayton. I for
one pointed out a couple of week points to our mutual friend.

73   Rag  OZ8RO  JW5HE LA5HE

 Price will be around $600,  and production
: should begin in just a few weeks. Final production design
: is even just now going through final check out.