[TowerTalk] Temporary guys - Shackles or Carribiners?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Temporary guys - Shackles or Carribiners?
From: 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu (00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu)
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 13:45:33 -0500 (EST)
In connecting temporary guys to the tower and anchor, are carribiners
strong enuff or should I buy some extra shackles?  Altho I envision removing
the permanent guys for only a few hours, I could envision relying upon the
temporary guys for several days while finishing work at the top of the tower.
Thus, I would use 1/4 EHS guy material, just like the permanent stuff, and
wonder whether the normal Black Diamond type biner from REI is strong enuff
to tension to normal tightness (600 lbs tension) plus have additional
strength to handle unforseen big winds coming up overnight?

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9
00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu