[TowerTalk] Rohn guy anchors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn guy anchors
From: n7ml@imt.net (Mike Lamb)
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 08:49:20 -0600
Hello Tom:

When I put up my two 190 foot rotating towers, I owned a backhoe at the
time, but I knew that my next door neighbor who was in the business was a
much better operator than I.  I hired him to dig all 14 of my holes one
afternoon and believe it or not, he did all of them in one hour.  I insisted
on paying the going hourly rate and it was only $80 (there was no hauling
fee)........one of the best deals I have ever made.  I had everything all
laid out with stakes at the corners of each hole and string between the
stakes.  He made the sides of the holes perfect, an impossibility with a
shovel.  I have clay soil, so that makes it easier.  Be sure to get a good
operator, I would have really made a mess of things and it would have taken
me literally five times longer!

I followed the directions exactly as laid out in the Rohn catalog regarding
the re-bar cages, etc. and I feel very confident that everything is going to
hold well.

73/Mike, N7ML