[TowerTalk] Problem with Phillystran Big Grips...advice?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Problem with Phillystran Big Grips...advice?
From: n6cr@ix.netcom.com (Dr. Richard W. Musicer)
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 21:23:16 -0500 (CDT)
I spent part of this weekend installing Philly Big Grips on #6700
Phillystran.  They went on without any problem (following the
directions on the spec sheet), BUT...at the end of the wrap, I am not
at all satisified with the way that they terminate with sharp ends
sticking into the Philly jacket material.  Using EHS steel wire, the
end of the wrap digging into the guy wire isn't a problem.  However,
using Philly, it looks like a disaster waiting to happen with the sharp
wrap ends embedding themselves into the black jacket.

What have you Philly users done about this problem?  Bend the ends of
the wrap out away from the Philly?  Used a Dremmel tool to cut about
1/2 to 1 inch of the end of the wrap away?  Let the wrap ends just bite
into the jacket?

Thanks for your input es 73 de
Rick, N6CR in Atlanta