[TowerTalk] 160M Inverted Vee vs. Half Slopers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160M Inverted Vee vs. Half Slopers
From: n1wr@chesapeake.net (Wayne Rogers)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 16:59:29 -0400
I Have 90' of Rohn 25G with a TH-7 on top, three feet above the flat-top
top section.
Top set of guys are philystran.

I have a top ten devices relay panel at top of tower and am
contemplating
what is best (better?) approach for using this installation to support a
160
meter antenna.

My first thought was to put up two or three Half slopers.  After reading
up
some on half slopers, I'm wondering if one (or maybe two, at 90 degree
angles) inverted vees might be a more effective antenna.  My interest is
both
DX and stateside.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.  Wayne, N1WR, Lusby, MD