[TowerTalk] Models and Specs in QST Ads

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Models and Specs in QST Ads
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 12:08:32 -0400
It's now been 6 months or so since QST announced its new policy of
permitting gain and F/B figures in advertisements, if the manufacturers
would use NEC-4 modeling software to generate the figures and if they would
share their models with the ham public.  I guess we have Cushcraft's
answer, via someone who was refused modeling specifics for the X-7/9
antennas.  I had always expected that Force 12 would be among the first,
since they are so specific and direct about their specs and how they are
derived, but nothing so far... Hy-Gain?

So.... what are we dealing with?  Why not make the models, and the data,
available.  Let the manufacturers respond.  You're all represented here on
Towertalk ... how about it?

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
In wild, wonderful, only middlin' rare WEST Virginia