[TowerTalk] CL-33 Help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CL-33 Help
From: gjk@hogpa.ho.att.com (Gerald J Kersus)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:09:43 -0400
Our club at work (K2DR) FINALLY got someone from building maintenance take
down our broken CL-33 (they wouldn't let us do it).  The apparant damamge
is to the driven element only:  in both halves of the DE, the 1" OD tubing
broke at the outermost insulator.  When the elements crashed onto the roof,
the 7/8" tubing connecting the 1" tubing to the trap also bent.  I assume I
have to order the insulators directly from Mosely.  I plan on ordering the
tubing from someone like Texas Towers.  Do I need to do anything special
about the wires from the matching section?  I am assuming that I just run
the wires through the new tubing.

Gerry, W1GD