[TowerTalk] HF Yagi Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF Yagi Antennas
From: k7jb@ptld.uswest.net (John R Bookout K7JB)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 21:37:05 -0700
INFO WANTED ON 3 BAND YAGI's:

I am almost ready for the top section of Rohn 45G.
I presently have a single mono band 20 meter Long John yagi by Hy Gain.
However, I am hesitating on placing it at the top of my tower because I
will only end up with a single band beam.

I would like to know if anyone has first hand experience on various
manufacturers 3 band yagi antennas.  10, 15 and 20 meters would be
satisfactory and 12 and 17 a plus.  I have looked over the specs on Hy
Gain's DX-7 and DX-11.  Also, Cushcraft V7 and X9.  Please let me know
about your preferences and on the air practical experience with any of
these.  In addition, if you have another preferences. please comment on
that as well.

Thanks, John.

--
Best 73's