[TowerTalk] RG-8X Crimp BNC Connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RG-8X Crimp BNC Connectors
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 16:44:33 EDT
Hi Paul,  There are crimp BNC's for 8X and the differences in the various
sizes of RG59, from the standpoint of dielectric O.D. as well as overall O.D.
vary such that it is not appropriate to use an RG59 BNC on an 8X.  Even if you
pick an RG59 with the largest OD (again, they vary on 59), the overall OD will
be fairly close but the dielectric OD will not be.  For a proper fit use an
RFI or a Cambridge connector.  We have both and the price is  $1.31 ea for RFI
and 1.78 for Cambridge.  I can get back to you ref. the difference and die
sizes, etc. if you wish.  Cheers,   Steve Davis, K1PEK,  DAVIS RF Co.
DAVIS RF Co., Commercial wire/cable, RF connectors, custom cable design.
Discounts to hams..........BURY-FLEX ? low loss HF-microwave HDPE coax;
....FLEX-WEAVE? aerial wire. Registered trademarks of Davis Associates, Inc. .
.LMR ?, Heliax?, PolyPhaser Tm, etc.  Visit our web site at  www.davisRF.com.
1-800-328-4773   (1-800-DAVIS RF)
"The Triad":   DAVIS RF Co., ORION WIRE CORP and The WIREMAN:   Three types of
expertise, three corporate buying power and customer inter-personal
relationships benefitting all.