[TowerTalk] More on the fiberglass/KT34XA problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] More on the fiberglass/KT34XA problem
From: Chad_Kurszewski@csg.mot.com (Chad Kurszewski)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 07:48:44 -0500
At 10:18 AM 9/26/98 -0400, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 98-09-26 05:50:28 EDT, wa3gin@erols.com writes:
>
>> I coat all fiberglass components with PLASTIC DIP ( the stuff used to
>>  dip plyer handles).
>>  It is life long protection for the fiberglass. I have several vertical
>>  antennas that use fiberglass
>>  as insulators between sections and as others have mentioned after
>>  several years in the weather of WDC the stuff begins to
>>  feather...handling this stuff after the process begins is not fun as one
>>  picks up many tiny glass fibers in their skin which are near impossible
>>  to remove, etc. The dip works great and looks good also...comes in
>>  several colors, RED, BLUE, SILVER.
>>
>      A similar product is Liquid Electrical Tape carried by Champion Radio
>Products. While it's primary application is electrical connections, it's a
>really handy coating for other applications like protecting fiberglass and
>other outdoor hardware. It's UV resistant and has "super dielectric strength".
>Comes with a handy applicator brush too. Check out
>http://www.championradio.com for more info. Seven bucks a jar.

You can of course find this same stuff from your local hardware store
or home building supply store (Menards, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.)
for about $5 per can.
---
Chad Kurszewski                 email: Chad_Kurszewski@csg.mot.com
Senior RF Development Engineer  phone: (847) 523-8982
Motorola Inc.                   fax:   (847) 523-0078
Cellular Subscriber Sector