[TowerTalk] Change in plans. More questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Change in plans. More questions
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 04:31:39 GMT
  First I would like to again thank all who helped me on my trig
question post. After I took the info and plotted out my proposed 70ft
Rohn 25 tower, it took up less area than I thought so now I'm going to
change plans and go up to 100ft!!
  I tried to use the formula I received from the list but I guess I am
stupid when it comes to trig. I couldn't get the new dimensions right so
I figured if the old guy points of 56ft ( rohn 25 at 70ft 70 mph) and
the new guy points are 80 ft ( Rohn 25 100ft 70mph) the difference is 24
ft, so if I add 24 ft to the distance from the property line ( which the
old figure was 28ft)this would move the tower to 52ft Right? or am I
totally wrong again?
 Next question, from my last post I see that "I" beams are the way to go
for elevated guy points. I forgot to ask what size "I" beams to use.
  If I use Phillystran for the top guys then I can use the 3/16" EHS for
the other guys right? and I think I read on here somewhere than the cost
is about of using Phillystran is about the same as using the EHS &
insulators to brake up the guys Right?
  I noticed something strange while studying the Rohn book the other
night. I was looking at the difference between Rohn 25 @ 70ft and 100
ft, I mistakenly open to the Rohn 45 section instead of the Rohn 25
section I noted the the allowable area for round and flat member is
higher for Rohn 25 than for Rohn 45 at the same height is this a
misprint? My book is dated Dec 1997
 Another thing with the current thread on rebar cages I noticed that the
Rohn book doesn't call for one. I can only assume that the rebar cages
are for crankups or another brand of tower or is this another issue I
have to consider? I wasn't planning to use one in my plans.
  Well again this post is longer than I had planned I will probably have
more questions later HI HI
 I know it has been stated before but this is the BEST place for info on
towers and antennas anywhere Thanks again guys!!!
73
Rick
KC5AJX