[TowerTalk] Corrosion Protection of Tower Base

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Corrosion Protection of Tower Base
From: SavageBR@aol.com (SavageBR@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 11:41:01 EDT
I don't use zinc anodes. But before I put my tower in the ground I have it
coated with auto undercoat. I also have used the spray-on bedliner normally
applied to pickup truck beds. I use several coats in both cases. You can take
your bottom section to a pro and have it applied or you can buy two cans of
spray-on undercoat at an auto parts store.

Te manufacture of the spray on undercoat stated it should work fine. Be sure
to wash down new galvanizing with a good detergent.

Bruce, AA4Z