[TowerTalk] Will 10 Mtr Vertical Reduce RFI in SO2R?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Will 10 Mtr Vertical Reduce RFI in SO2R?
From: KWIDELITZ@delphi.com (KWIDELITZ@delphi.com)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:26:22 -0400 (EDT)
I'm thinking of putting up a 10 meter vertical to use with the 2nd radio in
the 10 meter contest, using one radio on phone and one on CW. I'm hoping the
vertical will result in less interference between the 2 radios than putting
up a low tribander. I have a 4 element yagi stack at 53' & 36' for 10
meters currently. Stubs and bandpass filters won't work with 2 radios on the
same band. Being on a city lot there is not alot of room for seperation,
maybe 50' maximum. The vertical would be mounted at about 10' elevation on
my garage. I've got a base for an HF2V that has about 34 radials for 80
meters. I was thinking of using this base, and unrolling the radials about
8' each, leaving the rest rolled up.

Preliminary research shows 5/8 wave would give better low angle radiation
and gain. Any thoughts on whether 5/8 wave would be better or worse for
interference vs 1/2 wave? Any other thoughts about this?

73. Ken, K6LA - Ken Six Los Angeles, KWIDELITZ@DELPHI.COM
                ex-AB6FO