[TowerTalk] "stainless steel" corrosion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "stainless steel" corrosion
From: leewical@lava.net (LEE ROGER WICAL)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 13:19:55 -0400
Lyn:

        There are many different grades of SS.

        I use an dinosaur method byf using a magnet to weed out the low grade
from
the high grades of SS. However, going to a boat outlet where their SS
hardware is a higher ship grade seems to be the best way.
        Several years ago, I purchased a Cushcraft R-7 antenna and their SS
hardware began to rust. I neglected to give it the magnet test. Their
hardware "rusted" in several weeks. I wrote Cushcraft on the matter that
they had provided me with a low grade of SS hardware. I was ignored as if I
knew nothing. Very POOR customer relations.
That's NOT how to stay in business.
        The SS replacement hardware cost me, but I was happy with the quality
and
results. No rusting. Cushcraft could and should have bought themselves some
good will, but instead they failed. That company is doomed to failure with
that work ethic and attitude!
        Cushcraft will NEVER get anymore of my ham moneys.
        Once "burned" shame on them. Burned twice shame on me!
        Both Mosley and KLM I have had no problems! Good bye Mr. Cushcraft. The
word may just be spreading!

Lee