[TowerTalk] A Question of GAIN

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A Question of GAIN
From: n7ml@imt.net (Mike Lamb)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 18:22:15 -0600
Hello Guy,

I forgot to tell you that I have a single KT-34a that is on an 89 foot
self-supporting crank up tower.  I have at times put in a coax switch that
allows A/B testing.  When I am working a European pileup in the middle of an
opening, I will typically see about 10 dB in favor of the stack.  When the band
is just starting to open or close, I will see as much as 30 dB difference in
both rcv and tx.  That is due entirely to the very low angle  which is similar
to a single yagi on a very high hill like you mentioned.

73/Mike, N7ML