[TowerTalk] New "management"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New "management"
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 16:11:43 -0400
At 03:38 PM 10/19/98 -0400, N3RR wrote:
>Pete,
>
>I appreciated Steve's views on commercial messages in replies or as
>posts.  (On topic, of course).  What is your philosophy on this.  We
>commercial interests on the reflector need to know.  Post to all please.

At Bill's request, I'm posting this reply to the reflector:

As I understood Steve's position, I want to continue it unchanged.

Following is my summary --posts from commercially-interested parties,
whether hams or not, are welcome as long as their commercial interest is
clearly stated and as long as they stick to the particular issue being
discussed -- no general-purpose "commercials."  I think we want to
encourage frank, open communication between those who would sell to the ham
radio community and ham consumers.

TowerTalk is not the place for "WANT ADS."  The rec.radio.amateur.swap
newsgroup, or any of the number of Internet ham marketplaces that have
sprung up (including the ARRL's), are the right place for those.  This
reflector is for discussion about anything concerning towers and the
antennas that they support, but individual buying and selling just
increases the noise level too much.

Does that help?

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
In wild, wonderful, only middlin' rare WEST Virginia