[TowerTalk] Best wire type antenna for 75m/80m DX coverage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best wire type antenna for 75m/80m DX coverage
From: n7ml@imt.net (Mike Lamb)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 17:24:06 -0600
Barry,  When I used to run a 4 element lazy vee antenna (similar to your sloper
array)  I put two insulators at the proper position at the bottom end of each
dipole element.  I was able to tune the array so that both insulators were
jumpered for 3525 kHz, one insulator was jumpered for 3625 and no insulators
were jumpered for 3795 kHz.  I simply used electricians wire nuts to jumper
across the insulators by twisting two wire pigtails together.  I had to do the
jumpering from a tractor front-end loader about 12 feet off the ground, but it
was quick and easy.

73/Mike, N7ML