[TowerTalk] rotor cap location--answers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rotor cap location--answers
From: baycock@hiwaay.net (Bill Aycock)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 01:26:58 -0500
Talk about fast- I have several VERY GOOD answers in just over an hour,
late at night.

first - to answer a couple of questions about the set-up- the tower is a
48' Rohn fold over- I will be able to get to the rotor fairly easily,
without hoisting these 71 year old bones too high. The tower is about 60'
from the shack window. The reason I started looking into the shift in
location was that-- 1. I had seen it mentioned here--- 2. I could get very
good 6 conductor, fairly well sealed, plug sets for the rotor cable,
locally. ( I like to be able to break my runs of wire easily to do work on
them).  The cap is plastic encapsulated, and should be pretty well sealed.

The early postings were:  (not in order, Joe, K5KT was first)
Dale,   K5MM- has used the location under the rotor for years.
Dale,  KG5U- asked how far, how high, and why was I thinking of moving it..
He uses the base of the tower location, in a box.
Fred,  K1VR said I would be happiest with it at the base of the tower.
Joe, K5KT used the location under the rotor, but asked if any recommended
any other location.

interesting- three 5's and a 1, answering a 4.late at night--All were fast.
also- no one mentioned the brake delay.

Thanks, very much, to all

Bill- W4BSG

Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill