[TowerTalk] Rotor Capacitor location help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor Capacitor location help
From: baycock@hiwaay.net (Bill Aycock)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 03:38:25 -0500
Gentlemen:

At about the time I joined this reflector, there had been a thread about
refurbishing rotors, and in certain changes that were desireable. The
thread had mostly passed before I was here, and all I saw were hints of
such info.  My problem now is to find the key recommendations that came out
then. The rotor I have is a CDE HAM III, with a date of Feb, 78 on it, and
a note of 5/8/80 pencilled in on the original owners manual. I have cleaned
it, re-greased it, and checked it out- it works very well. (T.A. Russel
said that any idiot with a screwdriver could  overhaul one, and I qualify)

As I remember it, there were two changes to make- put a brake delay circuit
in, and move the Capacitor to the rotor. I have the brake delay board, and
am about to put it in. This involves moving the capacitor (within the
control box).  If, indeed, the cap should be moved to the rotor, there is
no point in re-fastening it there.

My question is-- is the cap put inside the rotor, or outside? Without
taking the gadget apart again, I cant see if there is space inside. If I
put it outside, I will need to protect it from the weather.

Can one of you with a good memory (or good files) help me here?

Thanks-

Bill- W4BSG

Bill Aycock   W4BSG
Jackson County, AL