[TowerTalk] Rotor Capacitor location help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor Capacitor location help
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 05:37:35 -0600
Hi  Bill,

Under NO circumstances do you want to put the Rotor
phase shift capacitor INSIDE the rotor.  How would you
replace it on the tower when it goes bad?

Some people hang it off the rotor (outside).

I run a regular 8 conductor cable to the base of my tower
where I connect the capacitor, placed in an upside down
small plastic (medicine) bottle.  I then run 3 conductor
#14 house wiring to the house for the brake and motor
lines.  Ground comes in via the hardline jacket.  Small
wires are used for the indicator Potentiometer lines.
This is for a 500 ft run from the house to tower.

de  Tom  N4KG

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]