[TowerTalk] Opinions on Tower permission issue....

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Opinions on Tower permission issue....
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 23:42:26 EST
In a message dated 98-10-27 10:50:56 EST, windev@inetmarket.com writes:

> So, here are the possibilities:
>
>  1> Put the tower up without contacting the town.  Let them come to me and
> complain.
>     Present NH house stuff and other documents if they do.  I presume I'll
> need a lawyer
>     if they give me a cease and desist order.  This plan scares the XYL.
>  2> Prepare documents (PRB-1, NH House info, Rohn specs.) and present to the
> planning board. See
>     what they say.  This plan scares me.
>
>  Am I going to need a lawyer?  I'm not prepared for a $10,000 legal battle.
> Or, am I worried
>  over nothing?

       Nothing? It'll be a pretty big deal for a lot of people - admirers and
detractors.

      The only way you'll get in trouble is if someone complains. With the
aforementioned neighbor, you're chances of getting busted sound pretty high.
Getting a permit is also called "keeping the neighbors at bay" so you should
probably pursue one.

      The best place for these kinds of questions is the HamLaw reflector.
Send a message to listserver@altlaw.com with <subscribe ham-law> in the
message. This is where the legal eagles hang out. They've been through this
many times and you would be well advised to take their free advice.

      Then come back to TowerTalk for construction advice.

      BTW, THE best article I've seen written on the legal side of towers was
written by Dale Clift, NA1L, who is a lawyer. A buck to Tower Tech, Box 572,
Woodinville, WA, 98072, will get you a copy. Read this and then you'll
understand the whole situation.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC