[TowerTalk] Rebar & Concrete

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rebar & Concrete
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 10:20:05 +0000
On  6 Nov 98, Jim Heath <jimheath@foothill.net> wrote:

> [...]

Can someone explain to me why the rebar WITHIN the concrete doesn't
rust? Concrete always retains moisutre and absords it from surrounding
soil, doesn't it?
Rust is oxidation. Being underground, whether in concrete or soil,
doesn't the minimal oxygen content under ground  retard the rust
formation?
Tnx/Barry
--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@mindspring.com
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club