[TowerTalk] force-12 assembly

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] force-12 assembly
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (George T. Daughters)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 08:59:54 +0008

hi all,

ok, i'll add my 0.02 worth.  i bought a new c-3 a few years ago;
they were pretty new at the time.  i assembled it according to the
markings on the elements and the manual. it went together perfectly.
 i didn't rivet the outer element bits (the optional-length tuning
bits) because i didn't want it and me to go up and down the tower
many times.  i had the good fortune of living about 1.5 miles away
from n6bt, so i went to his house and bothered him in person about
how he thought i should set it.  he said "use the settings in the
book."  i used the settings in the book, riveted the elements, and
took it up the tower.  it worked like the book said it would work.

last winter i replaced it.  why?  i wanted some gain and directivity
on 40m.  i got a c4sxl.  it gave me no problems.  it's up and
working.

some day, i'll get a bigger tower, and more force-12 antennas.  no,
i'm not related to tom, and he's since moved away, probably to avoid
"drop-in eyeball tech support calls!"

73,
George T. Daughters, K6GT