[TowerTalk] Coax Baluns - Previous Thread & Info ??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax Baluns - Previous Thread & Info ??
From: weightdn@bright.net (Mike Rhodes)
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 22:16:35 -0500
  Some time back there was a thread on one of these reflectors regarding the
correct diameter and number of turns for a coaxial balun for various
frequency ranges. I thought I had preserved it but cannot locate it so would
appreciate a refresher if someone has the info. As I recall, someone had
done some experimenting and found that much better results were obtained by
making the windings flat and on a (6" ??) piece of PVC. Also remember that a
balun for 40 meters was significantly different in turns than one for a
triband beam.
  Thanks and 73 de

Mike / W8DN