[TowerTalk] C31-XR assembly & progress!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C31-XR assembly & progress!
From: bbond@global2000.net (Ben Bond)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 12:15:35 -0500
My C-31XR went up saturday. Assembly of the elements/boom took  just over 2
hours. With the help of KM2E and a 30 ft boom lift we had it in the air in
just a few hours. I also found nothing mis-drilled. It all went together
just as advertised. The swr and band-with are great. I did no tuning other
than adjusting the hairpin coil with a analyzer attached. The only minor
problem was, following the picture in the manual of the boom and element
directions, it shows the balance point at 192". Below in the Weight
description it states mounting plate at 186". I needed to slide the boom
until the mounting plate rested against the
bracket for element #7 for better balance.

This antenna turned out to be everything I thought it would be and maybe a
bit more. I have a couple of pictures of the C31 in the air.
Check out www.members.global2000.net/~bbond

Ben Bond W2PS