[TowerTalk] Soldering ourdoors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Soldering ourdoors
From: gareth@capecod.net (Gareth Crispell)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 17:56:46 -0500
Chuck Sudds wrote:

> Does anyone have any tricks or tips when it comes to soldering PL-259
> connectors onto coax up on a tower?? Outdoor temps have been in the low 50's
> and winds 5-15 mph.
>
> Chuck Sudds  K0TVD

We have big wind very frequently on Cape Cod. I almost always wind
up doing antenna work on cold, windy, wx crummy days. I have found
that a small plumbers propane torch with a narrow stream wind shield
works best for me. The problem is overheating. Timing is the trick.

de .... N1MSV    gary

 Gareth            http://www.capecod.net/~gareth/n1msv.htm

Go Propagation !!